About Me

My photo
I LOVE to design and to paint whimsical items that will put a smile on your face. Each day I share my simple life with you as I try to encourage, to inspire and sometimes JUST to make you smile as I recount my life growing up on a dairy farm! I've never had many material items in my life, BUT I have been blessed beyond words with love and encouragement from WONDERFUL Parents who instilled in me WHAT was important. I have had EVERYTHING that I needed and WAY too much of what I wanted. I am slowly learning to be a better person each day through my interactions with my friends on Facebook. Some day I hope to be as good as people seem to THINK I am! I am BLESSED! Welcome to my little corner of the world...Please stop by and visit often!

Monday, December 23, 2013

'Tis You FIND YOUR DREAM!! Monday, December 23, 2013



I just confessed FOUR of my deepest darkest secrets on my Facebook post today…I feel so much better!  It is as if a weight has been lifted…NOW for those who MIGHT not have read my post, you are PROBABLY wondering WHAT in the world I confessed!  WELL, isn’t that what Christmas is about—keeping SECRETS??!!!  I guess you will have to go to FB and read all about it!

                                                                  
I watched most of the SOUND OF MUSIC last night…I had to make a quick run into town to deliver my last special order, so I had to time it so that I would NOT miss my two favorite songs…THEN I fell asleep during the last fifteen minutes…I HOPE they got away safely…but sssssshhhh, don’t tell me, I will have to wait until NEXT year to find out…

 
I watch the SOUND OF MUSIC each time it is on TV.  It is rare for me to watch something over and over…once I’ve seen something, USUALLY that is enough for me…BUT this movie, I watch it as if I have NEVER seen it before.  I hang on each musical note and anticipate my two favorite songs with the same anticipation as waiting for Santa!  AND YES, I DO BELIEVE IN SANTA…




I am so thankful for the differences that we all have.  We don’t all like the same things, and that is OK…Mother said that if EVERYONE liked the SAME THINGS, then EVERYONE would have wanted to marry HER and that thought just make her TIRED…Yes, my mother was funny!  While I can’t for the LIFE of me understand WHY people like and eat raisins, coconut, and LIVER…I am THANKFUL that we get to choose.  As long as choices aren’t harmful, then choices are GOOD!



I’ve never taken great offense when people didn’t like my creations.  There are things that do NOT appeal to me.  HOWEVER, I do find myself being quite angry when people are nasty about not liking what I do.  Disagreeing with someone is a fine line.  WHEN we LIKE something, then it is difficult for US to realize that OTHERS might not like it.  Stating an opinion is FINE, but it must be done in LOVE and NOT in a way to make others feel less than they are…AND I have discovered that it is NOT always important for OTHER people to KNOW what I like and dislike…sometimes, I just need to move on. 



 IT IS MUCH more important to be KIND than to be RIGHT.  



As different as people are, I find that we are MORE alike.  We love, we hate (ugh…a nasty little word), we cry, we laugh, we want the best for those we love, we dream, we hope, we have faith, we LIVE!!!  



Climb EVERY mountain, Ford EVERY stream…FOLLOW every RAINBOW, ‘Til you FIND your DREAM!  



One of the greatest things about LIFE to me is the ability to FOLLOW our dreams!  While many times, I feel as if I am writing these words to an empty audience, that is ok…Writing has been healing for me.  It has caused me to be more aware of what I say and what I do and how others are reading my words and that I MIGHT have an influence on others…I take that with a great deal of responsibility.  I feel that I am on the right path at this moment…I’m going down a road that has great possibilities…I’ve found some good friends to walk it with and when I stumble over the twigs and branches that will be on the road, I KNOW that I have a great group of people to HELP me get up, brush myself off and continue on my journey…



I send GREAT THANKS to each of you who walks with me in following OUR dreams!  As they say, for those of us who DREAM, when we fall, We STILL can land among the STARS…Blessings to YOU…~charlotte♥

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by my little corner of the world. In case you haven't been told, you are loved!~~charlotte♡