About Me

My photo
I LOVE to design and to paint whimsical items that will put a smile on your face. Each day I share my simple life with you as I try to encourage, to inspire and sometimes JUST to make you smile as I recount my life growing up on a dairy farm! I've never had many material items in my life, BUT I have been blessed beyond words with love and encouragement from WONDERFUL Parents who instilled in me WHAT was important. I have had EVERYTHING that I needed and WAY too much of what I wanted. I am slowly learning to be a better person each day through my interactions with my friends on Facebook. Some day I hope to be as good as people seem to THINK I am! I am BLESSED! Welcome to my little corner of the world...Please stop by and visit often!

Thursday, December 19, 2013

The TASTES of Christmas...Monday, December 16, 2013



 
The crunch is ON!  Less than TEN days until Christmas…WHERE has the time gone!  We act like we don’t know that Christmas comes at the SAME time each year…Every time I make that statement, I am taken back to a co-worker who was NOT the brightest star in the sky, but was a kind, gentle soul who had LOTS of problems.  I had gotten my brother a job working in our stockroom during the off-season and he was talking with this friend when the friend turned to my brother and said, “how many days does December have this year…31 or 32”…hmmmm…Christmas MIGHT come at the same time each year, BUT WHEN does NEW YEARS day happen this year!






My favorite thing about any gathering is the Appetizers!  I LOVE making and eating appetizers!  I would just as soon go to a party that has those tiny bundles of JOY than to sit down and eat a full meal!  HOW many different ways can one prepare sausage, cheese, philo dough, and biscuits!  LOL…WELL, one MIGHT be surprised.


My favorite thing to make and eat is a Pineapple Cheeseball…NOW mind you, NEVER do I use measurements when cooking, so you will just have to learn to eyeball things if you are going to cook like me!

Pineapple Cheeseball
1 lg can Crushed pineapple, drained VERY well
1 block Cream Cheese (softened)
½ large bell pepper, chopped finely
½ small SWEET onion, chopped finely
1 teaspoon Lemon Pepper (don’t measure it…just a few shakes will do)
¼ cup chopped Pecans (more or less)

Mix all ingredients except for the pecans.  After mixing, place onto a large piece of saran wrap and wrap.  Place in the fridge to cool…THEN shape it into a ball in the wrap. Open the wrap and sprinkle the nuts onto the ball…rewrap and mash the nuts into the cheese ball…THIS way you don’t get your hands all messy!  Chill for a few hours and serve with FANCY crackers!  





THIS is one of my favorite things to give as a gift…BUT instead of making it, I buy a nice bowl and place the ingredients in it with the recipe and give THAT as my gift…THAT way the recipient can make it when they wish!







My other favorite gift to give this way is Apple Dip.  Again, I put the ingredients in a bowl.  IF you want to include the sugar in your gift, measure it out and put in a clear bag with a fancy tie!

Apple Dip
8 oz. cream cheese, softened
½ cup granulated sugar
2/3 cup brown sugar
1 bag Bits ‘o Brickle (do not get the ones with chocolate…it is NOT as good)
1 tsp vanilla
Granny Smith Apples (leave on the peelings), dipped in Pineapple juice or sprite to keep from turning brown…BUT if I’m giving as a gift, I leave them whole.

Mix cheese, sugar and vanilla well.  Fold in Brickle…Store in fridge until ready to serve!





You can ALWAYS buy some Whack and bake cookies and bake them and give them on a pretty hand-painted plate…include a handmade ornament too!! 







Life does NOT have to be so complicated.  My Mother had an older lady who once told her that at HER age, if she could NOT eat it, then she really didn’t NEED it…I have thought of that so often!  I LOVE to give the gift of food!  A basket filled with some of your friend’s favorite treats is always a hit!  Be creative!  ENJOY the journey of this Season…Blessings to YOU…~charlotte♥






Poor CHARLIE…I asked what was wrong…He said he was EXHAUSTED from looking at ALL the JUNK in this HOUSE…so MUCH…TOO MUCH….((((CHARLIE))))…These are all TREASURES!  I told him….as he picked himself up and wandered on, I heard him mumble under his breath….hmmmphfff…Looks like JUNK to me….heavy sigh…

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by my little corner of the world. In case you haven't been told, you are loved!~~charlotte♡