About Me

My photo
I LOVE to design and to paint whimsical items that will put a smile on your face. Each day I share my simple life with you as I try to encourage, to inspire and sometimes JUST to make you smile as I recount my life growing up on a dairy farm! I've never had many material items in my life, BUT I have been blessed beyond words with love and encouragement from WONDERFUL Parents who instilled in me WHAT was important. I have had EVERYTHING that I needed and WAY too much of what I wanted. I am slowly learning to be a better person each day through my interactions with my friends on Facebook. Some day I hope to be as good as people seem to THINK I am! I am BLESSED! Welcome to my little corner of the world...Please stop by and visit often!

Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Christmas in YOUR Heart...Saturday, December 14, 2013



He who has not Christmas in his heart will never find it under a tree. ~ Roy L. Smith

What says CHRISTMAS to YOU?

It was ALWAYS FAMILY and FRIENDS for me…

Our Christmas tradition was to have Christmas Breakfast at my house with Daddy’s family.  We would then go and open the presents in the front.  Daddy became like a Child at Christmas and it was so fun to watch!  When I was little, the LIVE tree was placed in the den.

We had a FEAST for breakfast and then the food would remain on the table for us to eat the rest of the day.  We would have Fried Chicken and gravy, Country Ham and red-eye gravy, Sausage, Homemade Biscuits and often Rolls,  Homemade jellies, scrambled eggs, garlic cheese grits, fruit salad, Pink Stuff (cherry/pineapple/banana/cool whip), fresh-squeezed orange juice, coffee and hot chocolate. We would pull out the WHITE dishes and have a beautifully set table. 


 Our decorations would change through the years because Mother was so creative.  We used lots of Magnolia leaves, holly and fresh fruit to decorate the mantles.  Velvet bows were tied on the four-poster bed in the front room and the outside porch posts were wrapped like candy canes.  We always had a fresh Christmas tree until Mother bought an artificial tree around 1972.  It was much easier on our allergies!





The nativity candle that belonged to my Aunt STILL remains one of my favorite things…the design would dance on the wall when it was lit…It was always in the center of our round table.

Untangling the lights was AWFUL because I think we had the same lights from the turn of the 20th century…they had those “cups” on the end and they would tangle and grab your fingers as we tried to unwrap them…ugh….BUT they were BEAUTIFUL once we got it decorated.





 



As we got older, we would go to our friends house and help THEM decorate the trees—that was always fun…These are pictures from Christmas decorating at my house in 1979.






 








OF COURSE, mayhem ALWAYS broke out…













AND I had to fuss at the boyfriend to PUT DOWN the camera and help us with the lights…








And then there was time to snuggle with my then boyfriend…ROFL











THIS is what CHRISTMAS means to me…I hope you are having a WONDERFUL FUN Christmas Season…Blessings to YOU…~charlotte♥




Oh…I almost forgot to share that CHARLIE found the printer…WHAT is it about boys and their toys!!  He uploaded these to my computer…I SURE hope he is going to HELP me with my computer work and NOT just play with it…=)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by my little corner of the world. In case you haven't been told, you are loved!~~charlotte♡