About Me

My photo
I LOVE to design and to paint whimsical items that will put a smile on your face. Each day I share my simple life with you as I try to encourage, to inspire and sometimes JUST to make you smile as I recount my life growing up on a dairy farm! I've never had many material items in my life, BUT I have been blessed beyond words with love and encouragement from WONDERFUL Parents who instilled in me WHAT was important. I have had EVERYTHING that I needed and WAY too much of what I wanted. I am slowly learning to be a better person each day through my interactions with my friends on Facebook. Some day I hope to be as good as people seem to THINK I am! I am BLESSED! Welcome to my little corner of the world...Please stop by and visit often!

Thursday, December 19, 2013

These are a FEW of my FAVORITE THINGS... Thursday, December 12, 2013



I was filling out a questionnaire for an Etsy group that I am in and some of the questions made me stop and think…



 

I was asked what my favorite thing was that is in my Etsy shop.  I didn’t think very long about that because I have a couple of items that just make me smile.  The first thing that came to mind was a cross that I designed that has a sheep looking at the cross.  This piece reminds me of WHOSE I am and WHO I am to look to WHEN I get lost.  WELL, this is where I should look always because NEVER will I be led down the wrong path and ALWAYS when I look to Christ, I will have the EXAMPLE of who I am to be…


Another favorite item of mine that I designed is a Pear that has a sheep on it and a STAR cutout for a tea light to shine through.  I LOVE to paint pears—I like to eat them and I like to paint them.  It is another reminder of WHAT kind of fruit we want to bear…how we want others to see us.  Of course, the sheep is yet another reminder that I will ALWAYS be cared for and loved by THE ONE who knows me the best…AND He STILL loves me.  The star is a symbol of what we can be if we keep following the path that lies before us.  SOMETIMES we get lost and don’t know which way to go, but we can ALWAYS looks to the STARS above and ask for guidance…ALWAYS Reach for the STARS and be the BEST you that YOU can be.



 Today I made my favorite snack.  I stirred up some Pimento Cheese and stuffed it into Celery.  I was lazy and used cheese that was already grated BECAUSE that is what I had, but it is so much better when you grate your own.  It doesn’t MATTER what type of cheese you use.  Don’t buy that AWFUL already made cheese, which btw, is made with FAKE CHEESE most of the time…You can make as much or as little as you wish and measurements are NOT important.   This is what I did today:

Homemade Pimento Cheese
1 cup Finely Shredded Fiesta Blend (Monterey Jack, Cheddar, Queso Quesaddilla & Asadero )
About 1/8 cup Parmesan Cheese
Dash of Black Pepper
1 Tablespoon Sugar (adjust to taste)
STARTING with 2 VERY HEAPING Tablespoons of Salad Dressing (Miracle Whip)
½ container of Pimentos (about 1 ounce)


When I was little, Bologna, Moon Pies and HOMEMADE Pimento Cheese were most ALWAYS in our home as snacks.  Mother did NOT like lumpy Pimento Cheese, so she would BLEND it until it was creamy and so tasty!  I can HONESTLY never remember having a Peanut Butter and Jelly Sandwich made for me.  I still do not like them and I don’t think I have ever eaten a whole one.  We seldom had sandwiches for a meal.  They were more often used as a snack.  Mother made Peanut Butter/Bananas as a snack. Daddy LOVED cheese and would buy a 5 pound BLOCK of American Cheese at the grocery as soon as we ran out.  He also kept LOTS of cheddar cheese that he would buy from our “corporation” where we sold our milk.  NOTHING is better than Cheddar Cheese melted on a plain cracker and served with Chili!!

These are a FEW of my favorite things...I always send Birthday Wishes to my friends that I HOPE their day is filled with a FEW OF THEIR FAVORITE THINGS, because I think it is IMPORTANT to treat yourself every now and then.  Most of the time, we are busy caring for others and we MUST take care of OURSELVES—it is NOT selfish.  It IS IMPORTANT.  Think of YOUR favorite things today and TREAT YOURSELF!...Blessings to YOU…~charlotte♥


OH…These are two more of my favorite things…BUT…Prince Charlie NOW has Barney whispering in HIS ear…THIS is NOT going to turn out well, I fear….

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by my little corner of the world. In case you haven't been told, you are loved!~~charlotte♡