I cleaned the teapot and added 3 coats of DecoArt's Chalky Finish.
Just make certain it is dried well before adding another coat.
I added Checks of Deep Midnight Blue and Deep Burgundy. I didn't worry that they were even, because I was going for a slightly primitive style, since it was to have a crow on it to match her decor.
As decorative artists, we sometimes get stuck in the way we do things. I REALLY did not want to shade/highlight every single check, so I decided to do what I call a MESSY LINE on the top of the checks and then I added some more messy lines to the Deep Burgundy checks.
Again, instead of highlighting, I used the Heirloom and added criss-crossed lines to the Deep Midnight Blue checks...PERFECT for what I was aiming to do!
I painted a round disc like a pumpkin and wrote Happy Fall--whew it was hard not to put Y'all on it, cause I am a true Southerner!
I also tied some cloth around the tea spout to cover that hump that was left when I removed the ugly plastic piece...I wish teapot makers would design ALL teapots for us to paint when they weren't used~~HA HA HA