About Me

My photo
I LOVE to design and to paint whimsical items that will put a smile on your face. Each day I share my simple life with you as I try to encourage, to inspire and sometimes JUST to make you smile as I recount my life growing up on a dairy farm! I've never had many material items in my life, BUT I have been blessed beyond words with love and encouragement from WONDERFUL Parents who instilled in me WHAT was important. I have had EVERYTHING that I needed and WAY too much of what I wanted. I am slowly learning to be a better person each day through my interactions with my friends on Facebook. Some day I hope to be as good as people seem to THINK I am! I am BLESSED! Welcome to my little corner of the world...Please stop by and visit often!

Thursday, December 19, 2013

Embrace the Journey of This Season, Tuesday, December 17, 2013



JOY to the World…the LORD is come!  Let Earth receive HER KING…Let every heart prepare Him room… and Heaven and Nature Sing…and Heaven and Nature Sing…AND Heaven and Heaven and Nature SING!

YES, Seems Charlie CAN SING…and he seems to like my AutoHarp.  I’ve shared on my fb page, that when I got my autoharp for Christmas when I was in the third grade, IT was the ONLY time that I EVER sneaked and tried to open a gift BEFORE CHRISTMAS…It was so big and tucked nicely behind the tree and all my friends talked about CHEATING, so yes, PEER Pressure…AND NO, I don’t THINK I would jump off a cliff…


I snuck into the front room and gently removed the tape and saw the box that said Chrom AHarp…I had NO clue what it was, so I slowly taped it back and put it where it was.  On Christmas morning, EVERYONE was watching me when I went to open the box.  I remember thinking, I KNOW WHAT IT IS and I have NO CLUE WHAT it is!  I opened the box as my brother screamed, DO YOU LIKE IT…ISN’T it GREAT…I feigned a slight smile and fake enthusiasm…WELL, when I opened the box I KNEW what it was and I LOVED it!

That year after Christmas we had an ice storm.  My brother left to go back to the University of Tennessee and he left JUST in time, because the storm followed him ALL the way down the road!  We brought the older couple from up the road to our house, Mr. Henry and Miss Bertha Dozier, to stay with us because we had propane and a fire place and two extra beds…Daddy even rigged a hot plate up from the basement so we could cook…It was a MAGICAL time.  I LOVED that we had opened our home to our friends and I LOVED having my autoharp to play!

NEVER did I ever cheat and open a box again.  It spoiled the SURPISE of the Season for me.  I didn’t like the way it made me feel to CHEAT and I did NOT like the pressure of having to FAKE my emotions.  YES, it turned out that it WAS a surprise since I did NOT know what it was, BUT I learned my lesson ALL on my own that Christmas.

I could not find the pictures of THAT ice storm, but I am sharing pictures from the Ice Storm of 1994…My neice had just been born and THEY came and stayed with a few days…It was SO LONELY when they cut that generator off at 10:30…I FINALLY went back to work because I was so bored!  LOL

I LOVE this Season where we work so hard to find TREASURES for people that we love…Oh sure, we drive ourselves CRAZY, but to GIVE from the HEART is a GIFT in and of itself!  The tradition of GIVING something to someone BECAUSE we LOVE them is, I BELIEVE, a continuation of GOD giving US the GREATEST GIFT of a tiny little baby, wrapped in swaddling clothes, lying in a manger…a GIFT that he gave FREELY to those he loved DEARLY so that EACH and every one of us could have ETERNAL LIFE…He did NOT come to judge, but to SAVE us…Hallelujah!!  ALL Praise and GLORY be given to GOD! 



…AND just in case you do NOT know, God offers EVERYONE the choice to invite HIM into your heart.  It matters NOT what you have done or WHERE you have been, all you have to do is ASK for forgiveness—there is NOTHINIG that He can’t forgive-- and THEN live your life as HE has shown us to live through HIS son…SO SIMPLE…SO easy…so PERFECT…



Embrace the journey of this Season…Blessings to YOU…~charlotte♥



For God so LOVED the world, THAT he GAVE His one and only Son, that WHOEVER believes in Him shall not perish, but have eternal life.  For God did NOT send His Son into the world to CONDEMN the world, BUT to SAVE the world through Him.  John 3: 16, 17 NIV

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by my little corner of the world. In case you haven't been told, you are loved!~~charlotte♡