About Me

My photo
I LOVE to design and to paint whimsical items that will put a smile on your face. Each day I share my simple life with you as I try to encourage, to inspire and sometimes JUST to make you smile as I recount my life growing up on a dairy farm! I've never had many material items in my life, BUT I have been blessed beyond words with love and encouragement from WONDERFUL Parents who instilled in me WHAT was important. I have had EVERYTHING that I needed and WAY too much of what I wanted. I am slowly learning to be a better person each day through my interactions with my friends on Facebook. Some day I hope to be as good as people seem to THINK I am! I am BLESSED! Welcome to my little corner of the world...Please stop by and visit often!

Sunday, May 1, 2016

Serendipity Sunday



With all the frustrations of late, I have to say that I do enjoy mowing! 



What I love most is when I round a corner and find the most glorious surprise, waiting just for me to see.



Yes, the white blooms are weeds, but the purple flowers are a few plants of Dame’s Rocket that reseeds itself.  I planted it in another location of the yard, years ago, and it has kept blooming in this space for over 18 years.





I forget about these flowers, and I forget to gather a few seed to scatter at other locations, but for this moment, on Thursday, I found myself grinning from ear to ear at the unexpected JOY of seeing these beauties among the weeds.  I instantly forgot the frustrations of the day and took this memory into the evening.



One moment can change us~~either good or bad.



I’m thankful for the good moments.




Years ago, Daddy and I were gardening buddies.  I laughed one day as I was killing myself in the garden, trying to drag 8 foot fence pieces to put in the garden for those stupid string beans to run up.  I looked toward heaven and said that even in death, Daddy found a way to keep me busy.  It was my last garden, and I miss the fresh veggies, but sometimes, things have to go by the wayside.



As I was scrolling through FB last week, I saw a picture and immediately smiled.



During the flower garden days, Daddy had shared with me a flower he wanted me to find.  Anyone who knows me, knows that I would do ANYTHING for my Daddy.  He described the flower that Aunt Jenny had planted for years, and the colors of blue, white and pink that came from the plants.  He called them, “raggedy robins”. 



I could find them in none of the garden books I had, and this was long before google.



I stopped at every garden center I could find and bought more “no, that is not it” plants than you can image.



Finally, one day I arrived home after working one of those 12 hour days. I was greeted at the door by Daddy, exclaiming that I had FINALLY found the flower he had described to me.  Although, it was almost dark, I made him take me outside and show me what in the world it was.



Oh, good grief…it was a bachelor button.  I had planted it from seed months ago, and now, it was finally blooming!!  We stood and laughed and again, one moment, in a very long day, changed my soul.




How, I miss those moments, but I am so thankful for the memories…



Thanks, Carolyn, for posting these pictures. They brougbt back wonderful memories.


Thank you, God, for giving me a life that was so filled with love.  Thank you for the serendipity moments that You are still providing for me on days when I want to give up in defeat.  YOU are AWESOME and I praise YOU for your love and watch care over me.  Bless my internet friends, Dear God, because they keep me going, too.  Amen…


I hope today that you experience a serendipity moment...hey, share it with me, if it happens!  Blessings to YOU...~~charlotte

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by my little corner of the world. In case you haven't been told, you are loved!~~charlotte♡