About Me

My photo
I LOVE to design and to paint whimsical items that will put a smile on your face. Each day I share my simple life with you as I try to encourage, to inspire and sometimes JUST to make you smile as I recount my life growing up on a dairy farm! I've never had many material items in my life, BUT I have been blessed beyond words with love and encouragement from WONDERFUL Parents who instilled in me WHAT was important. I have had EVERYTHING that I needed and WAY too much of what I wanted. I am slowly learning to be a better person each day through my interactions with my friends on Facebook. Some day I hope to be as good as people seem to THINK I am! I am BLESSED! Welcome to my little corner of the world...Please stop by and visit often!

Wednesday, January 22, 2014

OLD Friends....Wednesday, January 22, 2014

I have not blogged in a few days and so I thought I had better get with it!  I do NOT want to be one of those who neglects their blog!  I've joined a new Team on Etsy, The Folkart and Primitive Team (FAAP) and it took me quite a while to get that all in order, BUT here I am READY to get going again....

It is FREEZING cold here...who KNEW that the term POLAR VORTEX would become a regular part of our vocabulary.  I have to admit that THIS go around is NOT as cold as the last one...AFTER THAT experience, WHO KNEW that 32 would feel down-right WARM!...

This is a picture from 1968 when Mother MADE Daddy help teach us HOW to make snowmen.  We made one for each of us...Left to right was Brian, the middle child, Mother who said we should make her FAT...BOB, who was TALL and skinny and who fell over FIRST, Me, the baby and Daddy!  I HAD to be by my Daddy!


 

I was looking through some old pictures just a few minutes ago to decide WHAT I wanted to share today, and the theme of FRIENDS came to mind...

I found this picture of Aunt Mary (left), Ann Tuggle, and Momma on the right.  Mother kept up with her friends.  She was very good at writing letters and calling people.  IF someone came to her mind, she KNEW to check on them because they had been placed in her heart for a reason...I think this picture of Mother looks like my brother, Brian, with Momma's hair...ROFL...I would think this picture was sometime around 1942ish...MAYBE around when they were 10ish??!



This is a picture of my oldest brother when he was probably around 4, so that would make it about 1956?  I have no clue who they are, but I THINK one of them is David Bibb...maybe the one on the right end?  I KNOW that Bob LOVED candy as much as I do...Look at those REAL baskets used for hunting eggs!  =)  Bob is 10.5 years older than I...HARD to believe that in two months, he will be 62...WHEW!!



This is a picture of my friend, Marcia James Holman.  Mother and Daddy were the attendants when Marcia's parents got married.  We spent MANY meals together.  We would go to their home Each Mother's Day when I was small and then would go to a place in the area that had beautiful Iris.  We had many fun moments with each other and they were a very special friendship for my parents.  I was two days older than Marcia...I got to start school by ONE day and she MISSED it by one day...When I turned 40, she told me to call her and let her know how it was going!  =)  This was made on February 3, 1963...when we were barely 3 months old.




This is my brother, Brian holding me...it is a WONDER that he wasn't putting a wrestling move on me!  It was taken about the same time the above picture was take when I was about 3 months old...Brian and I were the best of buddies!  We fought like cats and dogs and then we became BEST friends...time changes things, doesn't it!  Brian is two years older than I.



I have ALWAYS had a pet of some sort my entire life...I LOVED being raised on a farm, BUT THEN, I didn't know anything else!  This was when I was about 9 months old...The boy in the middle was a neighbor and a friend of my brother, Eddie Hyde...that is Brian on the right.  HELLO KITTY!...




There were ALWAYS people in our home...MOTHER was the HOSTESS with the MOSTEST....This is me on Bob's rocking horse...Behind me is Richard Dillard who is 4 days older than me...AND I really have no clue WHO he is...LOL...AND then my silly brother Brian is on the right...SEE that BLOND hair and ME with BLACK hair...he ALWAYS told me I was adopted...I had brown, ALMOST black, eyes and both of my brothers were blonde and blue-eyed...




This is my 5th Birthday...Brian, Martha Dale Bibb, me, Bob and Daddy...Martha Dale was 9 months older than me and I was ALWAYS twice as big as she was...STILL am!  LOL...Daddy was the best man in her parent's wedding...They got married during Wheat Thrashing and so they WORKED the day of the wedding...They got to the church and they had measured Mr. Forrest's suit pants to fit Daddy who was WAY taller...It was HILARIOUS and we laughed about it through the years...I LOVE how Daddy wore Khaki's to work most of his life.  The Bibbs were such great friends--STILL are!  This was October 30, 1967...




Jump ahead to 1977 and you see me with My Uncle Jimmy!!  WHAT a mess he was.  Mother said that HE could sell ICE to an Eskimo!  This was somewhere near Bervard, North Carolina...This was a few days before I would start the 10th grade...I LOVED all my Aunts and Uncles...THEY each were different in their own right, YET most all had that GREAT SANFORD sense of humor...we laughed...hmmm...shorts were SHORT in 1977...;)




Of all the friends that I have had...My DADDY STILL remains the best friend I have ever had...He cannot be replaced....This is about 1970ish...We had gone with Aunt Sybil to visit her Mother-in-law, Grandmother Melvin...Daddy and I had picked up grapes (they are in his hand) and I think this was on the day we left to come back home...It was somewhere NORTH of Cincinnati...This is funny that I can see my niece, Kaylen in this picture of me...LOL...family traits DO carry on through the generations...



This was a fun walk through memory lane and to see how FRIENDSHIPS had lasted AND changed through the years...GOD placed some GREAT people in my life and has surrounded me with LOVE through the generations and I KNOW He will continue to put the EXACT people in my path that need to be there...I am GRATEFUL....have a great day REMEMBERING those who have traveled into YOUR life through the years...Blessings to YOU...~charlotte♥





Charlie said HIS future is so BRIGHT, HE has to wear Shades...

YOU TOO, have a bright Future...GO catch those STARS~

7 comments:

  1. My goodness! It's about time that you got back to this blog. lol. Thanks for sharing more wonderful & warm memories with us.
    <><

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really did miss your morning posts, Charlotte. I really enjoy waking up to them each day that you right. I love learning about you and meeting your family and friends through your wonderful memories and stories. Thank you for taking the time to journal your thoughts for us. You are a wonderfully bright start to my day. xoxoxo Sheila

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do NOT know how in the world YOU do what you do...I was having to get caught up on my painting last week AND then the etsy team took me AWHILE to tag 170 items (I NEED high speed internet...ok...whining again...lol)...WHEW...WHY did I THINK I could do this? I am finding that my PEEPS are getting me in trouble with time...LOL...xoxoxo

      Delete
  3. Very cool.. first that you can find the old pics.. and second you know who they all are...lol.... Great post.. wonderful memories... thanks... have a great day...xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oddly, enough, MOST all of the pictures are at ONE place in the house, well, except for the bag that is in Mother's closet...hmmm...THOSE ARE OLD...SEVERAL years ago, Mother made Bob and Brian a photo album for their Christmas presents (she never got to doing me one...sigh) and we took the time to write down as much info on the backs as we could remember...STILL have TONS of pix from when Daddy traveled that I have NO CLUE who they are...wish I did...they are GREAT Black and white photos! =) xoxo

      Delete
    2. lol I know.. I have a box of pics of my great aunt's that I have no clue as to anyone in them.. except her.. always good to write on them ...

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by my little corner of the world. In case you haven't been told, you are loved!~~charlotte♡