About Me

My photo
I LOVE to design and to paint whimsical items that will put a smile on your face. Each day I share my simple life with you as I try to encourage, to inspire and sometimes JUST to make you smile as I recount my life growing up on a dairy farm! I've never had many material items in my life, BUT I have been blessed beyond words with love and encouragement from WONDERFUL Parents who instilled in me WHAT was important. I have had EVERYTHING that I needed and WAY too much of what I wanted. I am slowly learning to be a better person each day through my interactions with my friends on Facebook. Some day I hope to be as good as people seem to THINK I am! I am BLESSED! Welcome to my little corner of the world...Please stop by and visit often!

Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Christmas Swaps and Gifts...Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Holidays are NOT my favorite things anymore...Since it is only me now, they seem to be days to just REMEMBER how things WERE...I'm not saying that is BAD, because I've had a great life, but they just make me miss having a family.

WITH that said, I ALSO am aware now, probably MORE than ever before at how GREAT my friends are!  I'm in the process of trying to Re-invent holidays and these friends put a smile on my face that helped me get through the long holidays of Christmas.

I was in my first ever ornament swap with a painting group I am in, Tole Painters Unite.  Because of this group, I have made friendships that are as real as the people whom I see on a regular basis...We have laughed and cried together...we have shared JOYS and disappointments...failures and successes and have loved each other through some of the hardest events of our lives...WE ARE BLESSED!

I received cards and wishes from people ALL over the world...a reminder of how important technology can be!

My FIRST swap was with my new friend, Ann Setaro, from Florida.  She has become a cherished lady in my life.  This gingerbread girl is ABSOLUTELY adorable and I look at it and smile...it is still hanging in a special place because I think it can stay out ALL year...



These next ornaments were a swap that I did with a friend that I met in TPU...Malinda Watkins...I just love her and she lives in West TN, not TOO far from where I went to college...What was so cool about this exchange, was that I CHOSE the pieces that I wanted to paint and then I sent them to her...SHE then painted ME the same pieces and sent them to me...





She even painted the BACK of the SNOWMAN!  
how sweet is this!


This is how I painted the star that I sent to Malinda...


And here is the snowman that I painted....


I don't think that I have the Santa Face that I did...It wasn't very cute...I'm sure Malinda will put THAT one on the VERY BACK of her tree...ROFL...it's ok...I sent her another cute one to make up for it...;)

Suzanne Bills from California sent me this darling sticker...I can't wait until it gets WARM so I can put it on my car...I LOVE THIS!



Next came this SILLY ornament from My friend, Ramona...I am STILL not sure that it isn't a replica of HER as she is in ALL of her GLORY!



This is another ornament that was sent to me from a SECRET SANTA from my TPU Groupies!


This is from another friend that I met in Facebook.  His son proudly serves in the Military.  I had the honor of having lunch with Mother's cousin, Richard and his wife when they came to Nashville during the late summer...WHAT a great family...Richard's work is AMAZING....Click HERE  to go to Richard's Facebook page.


My friend, Janice from Colorado sent me this ornament that made me REALLY LAUGH out LOUD...sadly, I don't think I HAVE changed my ways, BUT Janice and others remain HOPEFUL for me...Click HERE to go to Janice's Facebook page...her work is SUPER DOOPER CUTE!!


Another one of my dearest friends that I have met on Facebook is an AMAZING artist...her scroll work is WONDERFUL...she is a contributor to a popular woodworking magazine and well, I don't need to go on and on about her because you can visit her page by clicking  HERE AND also by going to her blog...I have the link on the right side of my blog...PLEASE visit and see for YOURSELF!






I was HONORED to have one this WONDERFUL piece on Facebook by another great friend, Wendy...I told her that people SAY that a picture does NOT do something justice and they say it JUST to have something to say, BUT oh my GOODNESS...this picture does NOT do this piece justice...the details are AMAZING...WHILE I KNOW we all are given different gifts, I wouldn't mind being given a LITTLE BIT of the sculpting gift, BUT NOW I have a REAL gift of this awesome snowman candle holder!  Click  HERE to go Visit Wendy's Facebook page to see more of her AMAZING creations...



The last thing I want to share is from the Adorable Nicole...NOW not many people KNOW her name is NICOLE because her Facebook name is Jandn...LOL...she is our very own WELL KEPT secret.  I have given her the hardest time about her wearing her BIG-A$$ Glasses in ALL of her pictures...she is a BEAUTIFUL lady--inwardly and outwardly--and NOT many people get to see her...SO she sent me this pair of GLASSES so I could be like HER when I grow up...we MIGHT have to wait awhile for THAT to happen...Funny thing about the glasses, Charlie seems to LIKE them too!!





Do you UNDERSTAND WHY I say I am so blessed?  I LOVE my friends...I am THANKFUL for each and every kind act that has been shown to me...THANKS, GUYS...YOU ROCK!  I will have MORE to share before too long because I am currently in four different swaps!  I LIKE to spread the LOVE...I HOPE that EACH of you FEELS the LOVE that surrounds YOU...Blessings to YOU...~charlotte♥

6 comments:

  1. We have ALL been so incredibly BLESSED to have found each other Charlotte.....I KNOW I am!
    Hugs,
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm like my mother...I do NOT think it was by ACCIDENT! ROFL...BIG HUG back...gosh, wish I could find a word other than BLESSED, but oh, HOW I AM! =)

      Delete
  2. I also find that it has really been a joy to know you. I love hearing your memories of your family and times that pass. Your blog posts are thought provoking and really make us think about things in different ways. I am very proud to call you my friend. xoxox Sheila

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I figure it is BETTER to make OTHERS think and MUCH less dangerous than ME thinking...;)

      Delete
  3. I was sad when I started reading...but YOU are not sad..you are very happy and outgoing and have touched a lot of hearts! I'm so glad I am part of your world! You have many friends who think you are the berries!! Hugs, mindy

    ReplyDelete
  4. don't be sad, Miss Mindy...BWAH...I do miss having a family but things change and either we adapt or we spend MANY miserable moments...I don't want that...It is taking me a while to figure out HOW to make the most of holidays now, but I will NOT spend the rest of my life dreading them...I was taught better than that, so don't be sad, Miss mindy...BWAH...;)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my little corner of the world. In case you haven't been told, you are loved!~~charlotte♡