About Me

My photo
I LOVE to design and to paint whimsical items that will put a smile on your face. Each day I share my simple life with you as I try to encourage, to inspire and sometimes JUST to make you smile as I recount my life growing up on a dairy farm! I've never had many material items in my life, BUT I have been blessed beyond words with love and encouragement from WONDERFUL Parents who instilled in me WHAT was important. I have had EVERYTHING that I needed and WAY too much of what I wanted. I am slowly learning to be a better person each day through my interactions with my friends on Facebook. Some day I hope to be as good as people seem to THINK I am! I am BLESSED! Welcome to my little corner of the world...Please stop by and visit often!

Thursday, October 12, 2017

Mixed Media Fun



Aren't these colors fantastic?

I love whimsical...


I have been having fun with some small 3 inch canvases that I have always kept on hand.

You know, you have to be prepared for when inspiration hits you!




I put texture on these with Deco Art Media Paste.

Now, IF you are going to add glued items to the canvas, I recommend NOT adding the texture, so the items can be glued flat!! 

I added my texture with dry wall tape, punchinello and a stylus.

I will use them for another project.



I took an old dictionary page and painted it the colors I wanted to use. Since these are small, I thought this would be easier!



I cut out my shapes, being ok with imperfections! 😁😂😊


I attached my items with Deco Art Decou-Page.

This is the Deco Art Brand of Mod Podge.

Please, use what you have! 

I am a Deco Art girl, and have been for over 25 years!

I love the quality of Decoart products.



These are some of the colors I used. 

Again, use what you like.

Use what you have! 



This is before I added details.

You can see that even when you do simple, fast and easy projects, the small details bump up your project to another level.



I added my details with paint, because that is what I feel comfortable using.

You may use a pen.

Make certain it is waterproof! 

Also, test the reaction with sealer. Many will smear if you add a brush on varnish! 


And this is It!

I live the whimsical look of this.

I hope you will try it.

If you do, please share it with me!


I am simply blessed to create~charlotte♡



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by my little corner of the world. In case you haven't been told, you are loved!~~charlotte♡