About Me

My photo
I LOVE to design and to paint whimsical items that will put a smile on your face. Each day I share my simple life with you as I try to encourage, to inspire and sometimes JUST to make you smile as I recount my life growing up on a dairy farm! I've never had many material items in my life, BUT I have been blessed beyond words with love and encouragement from WONDERFUL Parents who instilled in me WHAT was important. I have had EVERYTHING that I needed and WAY too much of what I wanted. I am slowly learning to be a better person each day through my interactions with my friends on Facebook. Some day I hope to be as good as people seem to THINK I am! I am BLESSED! Welcome to my little corner of the world...Please stop by and visit often!

Friday, October 13, 2017

Make a Wish

I thought it would be fun to share
 how I created a dandelion.

I  always think of my friend, Cheryl!


All of the products are by Decoart.

I based a 4 inch wooden canvas
 Lamp Black


I used my favorite dry wall 
tape as a stencil.


I added Indian Turquoise, Antique White, and Foliage Green. 

I didn't clean my stencil brush out between colors. 
It helped create other colors. 
Turn the tape different directions.

This is NOT an OCD-friendly project.🙄😕



Oh, lookie, a friend came to help me decorate for Halloween! 😁😂🤣


I then added circles with punchinello to add more interest.


I was using a small stencil brush, and look what I discovered.

It made a flower!

I  taped it off so you could see it.


How fun is this! 



I added squiggly lines of Lemonade, Foliage Green, and Plantation pine.

I drew a circle to show you where my dandelion would be.


I lightly stippled the circle with 
Titanium White.


I added lines of Foliage Green and Plantation Pine.

Public service Announcement: buy a good 18/0 liner! It makes all the difference in the quality of your linework! Even with quick and simple projects!

Small dots of Lamp Black were added to the center with a stylus.


Next Marigold dots were added--just a few.

Titanium White Dots were added with a large stylus, keeping them various sizes, and, yes, randomly placed.

Finish with just a few tiny Lamp Black Dots.


How easy was that?!


I added the word WISH with a Decoart Americana Stencil.


I shaded around the edges with my favorite Payne's Grey.







Of course, I had to make a domino, too...


AND a 3 inch canvas, too!


My goodness, this was really fun.

I KNOW you can do this.

Please share if you do.

Let's go out and paint wishes! 😚😊🙄

I am simply blessed to create~charlotte♡




3 comments:

  1. Well i think you invented/created a fantastic dandelion wish! I am certainly going to try this. Very cool! I don’t think I know what the thing is that you made the round spots with for the flower??? Any way I love it the most because I love dandelions!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun!! I must try this sometime. I especially love the dominoes. Good job, Charlotte! <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your mini canvas's are wonderful! I know I have a "magical" one from you sitting on my desk :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my little corner of the world. In case you haven't been told, you are loved!~~charlotte♡