About Me

My photo
I LOVE to design and to paint whimsical items that will put a smile on your face. Each day I share my simple life with you as I try to encourage, to inspire and sometimes JUST to make you smile as I recount my life growing up on a dairy farm! I've never had many material items in my life, BUT I have been blessed beyond words with love and encouragement from WONDERFUL Parents who instilled in me WHAT was important. I have had EVERYTHING that I needed and WAY too much of what I wanted. I am slowly learning to be a better person each day through my interactions with my friends on Facebook. Some day I hope to be as good as people seem to THINK I am! I am BLESSED! Welcome to my little corner of the world...Please stop by and visit often!

Saturday, November 25, 2017

How many of you get a text asking what kind of deodorant you use?

Well, today was my lucky day.
The reason isn't as funny if I explain it, so keep wondering! 
😁😂🤣😃

In the bag was a 
new tennis ball for Charcoal
A box of Little Debbie Oatmeal Pies
2 bottles of deodorant 
AND
This cute package of Napkins!


Yep, could NOT wait to 
create something 
with them...

Oh, wait...
people use them 
to wipe their 
hands and mouth??

What a waste!

I quickly separated the 3 layers
Cut out one section
Tore the edges
Yes, the tearing of the edges
 took longer 
than anything!🤤


 I grabbed my new bottle
 of Pewter Extreme Sheen
 because it matched 
that little line in the napkin.

When creating, 
you can get inspired
 by anything.
This time I tried to 
carry out the style of the napkin.

I based my
6 inch wooden canvas
with 2 coats.



I chose 3 colors of
Dazzling Metallics
that were similar
To colors used
 in the design.


I grabbed a piece 
of my favorite "stencil",
 punchinello


I randomly added dots 
with the 3 colors, 
one color at a time.
Yes, I carried the 
dots to the edges.


I attached the napkin 
with DecouPage.


To carry out the style,
 I decided to add the 
blanket stitch
like was around the tree,
 to the edges of the napkin
 and to the wooden canvas.


Cool, huh?!

I decided the lettering
 needed to show better, 
so I went over it 
with a Gelly Roll Pen.

The stitching could have been done 
with this, also.

Be sure to use a 
Spray Varnish when using a pen! 
It will smear, if you don't.


Another 
Fast, 
Fabulous 
and FUN  
project!


I  think the sentiment says it all!


Thank you, Miss Wanda...

I am Thankful for YOU!

I am simply blessed to create~charlotte♡




1 comment:

  1. Love it! I knew you would do something clever with them. I liked the saying and wanted to share it with you.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my little corner of the world. In case you haven't been told, you are loved!~~charlotte♡