About Me

My photo
I LOVE to design and to paint whimsical items that will put a smile on your face. Each day I share my simple life with you as I try to encourage, to inspire and sometimes JUST to make you smile as I recount my life growing up on a dairy farm! I've never had many material items in my life, BUT I have been blessed beyond words with love and encouragement from WONDERFUL Parents who instilled in me WHAT was important. I have had EVERYTHING that I needed and WAY too much of what I wanted. I am slowly learning to be a better person each day through my interactions with my friends on Facebook. Some day I hope to be as good as people seem to THINK I am! I am BLESSED! Welcome to my little corner of the world...Please stop by and visit often!

Sunday, July 3, 2016

Serendipity Sunday



Ah, Serendipity Sunday!!  My favorite thing to write about!



I love looking for that one moment that is unexpected and just makes me feel so blessed.


Sweet Charcoal sitting at my feet...


I have found that I usually find more than one…funny how that happens, huh?!



Do you ever wonder if what you do makes a difference in the world?



Do you ever wonder why you even try…



Do you just want to throw up your hands and give up because you don’t think anyone is paying attention, and believe me, I get it!


Ah, don't they look sweet.  These two would NEVER get into any trouble!!


We are so busy trying to do our own thing, that we don’t take time to see what others are doing.  We want people to SEE what I DID, and HEAR what I say, and LOOK what I am doing, and HERE, take my idea and make it yours, oh, and look what I am eating at this fancy smansy restaurant…ROFL

We ALL do it, and NOBODY throws a better pity party than me...I even provide refreshments and decorations!!


Chester!!  What are you doing??


I had decided a few years ago, that I was ONLY going to do my own thing. No longer would I buy someone elses pattern or paint the work of someone else...Baby, it is gonna just be ME and ME!

Chester...WHAT did you do to my sign??

Oh, you silly, silly girl...You NEVER for one moment considered WHAT you would be missing...the lessons you would not learn, the JOY you would miss in sharing with others, the FUN in painting something that your friend designed...

I can STILL see you, even with your eyes covered...Don't look surprised...Charlie KNOWS you did it, TOO!

Well, I got over that really fast.  I have probably learned more in the last three years that I have in a long time.  It has felt so good, and NOW, I also have gotten to know the blissful feeling of having someone to paint something that I designed...I have found that it is I that has gotten the most out of this by seeing my vision through the eyes of someone else.  Again, it has taught me that WE have so much to offer each other, and TOGETHER, we are unstoppable!!

The other night, a friend shared one of my blog ideas with me on fb...I cannot begin to really TELL you how happy it made me, and this is not the first time!
This is one of the cutest things I have ever seen!!  Oh my...What an imagination...

To see those little lightening bugs appear on a cookie, moved the corners of my mouth all the way up to my eyeballs!

Little Cookies by Cheryl Jones....oh, so yummy, too!

BUT then, there was more.

I received a message telling me to get to the Postie on Friday...HEY, you don't have to tell me more than two or three or four times!! (cause I forget...)


I DID not hide your sign...quit telling people that...I was Asleep...See me guarding it for YOU?!


I also re-found a gift that another friend had sent me, that got brought into the house, and promptly, he-who-shall-remain-nameless, pushed it under the couch~~out of sight, out of mind!


I love my snowman sign from Crystal...it really does pay to be up early, sometimes.  Charcoal gave his lick and sniff of approval!

On top of all of this, my elves were all acting like BOYS...mischief and mayhem all around...

I KNOW, some think that I am only bragging, and YES, well, I AM...

It finally dawned on me that receiving the many gifts I get from friends, literally, all over the world, has never been because of something I have done...


Um, Chester, I don't think that is the kind of umbrella one puts in their drinks...Another goodie from Cheryl


OH, NO...it is BECAUSE of WHO these people are...They are kind, thoughtful, loving, generous, talented and WELL, I am honored to call them friends...

So, Today, I thank Cheryl of Under the Lemon Tree and Crystal of Backwoods Artists.  You both have brought me more "warm fuzzies" than you will ever know.  Thank you, for well, being YOU!


Cheryl never forgets Charcoal, either...She is a good Auntie...

Please, everybody, go SUPPORT YOUR FRIENDS...buy their products...buy their patterns...give them encouragement...Love them...share them...it is NOT about any of us, individually, but about us collectively...we NEED each other.

AND, by all means, ALWAYS pay it Forward and BLOOM!


I LOVE my new sign made by Cheryl and the awesome jar and candy!!

I am simply blessed to create...and I am blessed to feel the love of so many of you...THANK YOU, Thank you, Thank you~~charlotte♡

2 comments:

  1. No... Thank YOU for loving & blessing us! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy 4th of July. I think Charcoal has taken "dog ownership" of that adorable snowman sign.

    Hugs & Blessings

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my little corner of the world. In case you haven't been told, you are loved!~~charlotte♡