About Me

My photo
I LOVE to design and to paint whimsical items that will put a smile on your face. Each day I share my simple life with you as I try to encourage, to inspire and sometimes JUST to make you smile as I recount my life growing up on a dairy farm! I've never had many material items in my life, BUT I have been blessed beyond words with love and encouragement from WONDERFUL Parents who instilled in me WHAT was important. I have had EVERYTHING that I needed and WAY too much of what I wanted. I am slowly learning to be a better person each day through my interactions with my friends on Facebook. Some day I hope to be as good as people seem to THINK I am! I am BLESSED! Welcome to my little corner of the world...Please stop by and visit often!

Tuesday, December 22, 2015

Good friends. Tuesday, December 21, 2015

Isn't it funny how some people that you have never met can become your friends!

I  thought I would share some gifts that my "unseen" friends have sent me.
This came from my friend, Anne, in North Carolina. Her husband is a Navy guy! They are funny to watch, but I have no doubt that she loves her guy, but she also likes to pick on him! I got to know her story through my fb page. I was excited when she added GINGER to.her family after losing her fur baby in a fire at her mothers house...strange that one can shed tears of both joy and sorrow with each other!

This friend, as most of my friends, is filled with mischief--we LOVE to pick on Cindy! Of course, the picking goes both ways because WHO likes SPAM!!

I  have already lost sleep staying up to watch Joanne Fink videos...but what an awesome inspiration! I am so happy with this gift. Thank you from the bottom of my pea-picking heart! Yes, I have a pattern already stuck in my head!

Oh yeah, Charcoal ate his treat VERY promptly! He was hilarious!

This came from a friend in Florida who was transplanted from Illinois (I think)...Nancy knows a little bit about everything --just enough to get her in trouble! She is creative in so many areas--ceramics, clay, paint, gardening and on and on and she loves all animals-both two-legged and four-legged! Nancy will say anything to anyone, pretending not to care, but we all know better. She cares! She has thrown her own brand of loving on me too many times!

Nancy lost her sweet dog this year and she was the best momma to her. While she has a hole in her heart, she still loves her other girl! She has a whole brood of children/grands...She has been blessed and so am I!

This came from another Transplanted Floridian
...oh dear, in which state did she live...we will just say New England...lol

Nancy sent several goodies to other friends, and I don't want to brag, but I think I got more chocolate than others did, so clearly, I am her favorite!  And my ornament is cuter, but no need for me to rub it in. Lol

Nancy has a heavy heart with her mother living in Tennessee and being unable to be with her during her long battle with cancer, but she is faithful in communicating with her...please pray for both of them...it is so tough...

Nancy is a tough Italian girl who enjoys cooking and paints beautifully! She inspires me with her pictures from the things she has painted over the years, and like all of my artist friends, she keeps learning new techniques.Thank you, Nancy, for thinking of me!



This came from my friend, Christene, who lives in Germany. She laughs when Charcoal chews something, so how appropriate that Charcoal would grab her box and chew it--I still am missing one of my pieces of Chocolate...I know he didn't chew it, but I don't know WHERE he hid it...sigh



She painted me the cutest candle wrap that is on that box of candy. I have it sitting on my table wrapped around a candle...oh, how cute it is!!

They plan to move to the states when Lin retires...I think in about 7 years...Her oldest son is already here and I know they miss him, but they are so proud of both of their handsome sons...what a jewel she is!

Miss Linda...your gift has caused me problems! Charcoal cannot eat his treats fast enough and he keeps biting my fingers trying to gobble them!! He sits longing for more as he stares at the package!

Miss Linda lives in New York, and methinks she LOVES my Charcoal! She works with veterans and does her best to be a positive influence! She is a mess...and keeps trying to claim my prince--she will not win!

She sent some yummy bean soup mix and I can't wait to get a ham hock and cook it--you know who, will like it, too!

This reminded me of my first Christmas as an employed worker. I was living in Russelville, Arkansas, and I made 12 bean soup mix for all of my family and friends---I had beans everywhere in my small duplex! But I was so proud of myself for carrying on my mother's family tradition of giving handmade gifts!


As you can see, I am a blessed girl. I am thankful that these sweet ladies thought of me during this tough time of the year...thank you!

I  hope you each have thoughtful friends like I do...always think of others! I send blessings to YOU...~~charlotte♡

9 comments:

  1. My dear friend all your gifts are so sweet..
    Enjoy
    Wishing you Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, my friend. I wish you a Merry Christmas, also and a new year FILLED with fun adventures! It is going to be a good year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for sharing Charlotte. You are such a blessing to so many. Love you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Merry Christmas to you and Charcoal. I haven't been writing because I switched back to Blogger, much happier here, I will drop in when I see a post.

    Merry Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have missed you on fb, but I figure everyone is taking a break, like me, to get stuff done! I think about you with love...charcoal says to tell the girls, "hey" said in his most manly voice! Silly pup...Happy Merry Christmas!

      Delete
  5. What beautiful gifts from beautiful friends. It is funny how you can feel so close to someone whom you have never met eye to eye. I think that is one of the wonders of our cyber-world. Enjoy your treasures, Charlotte (and the gifts as well!) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. And the MAGIC continues.......blessings my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great post from a great sweet lady. That I hope one day to met!
    Enjoy your new year

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my little corner of the world. In case you haven't been told, you are loved!~~charlotte♡