About Me

My photo
I LOVE to design and to paint whimsical items that will put a smile on your face. Each day I share my simple life with you as I try to encourage, to inspire and sometimes JUST to make you smile as I recount my life growing up on a dairy farm! I've never had many material items in my life, BUT I have been blessed beyond words with love and encouragement from WONDERFUL Parents who instilled in me WHAT was important. I have had EVERYTHING that I needed and WAY too much of what I wanted. I am slowly learning to be a better person each day through my interactions with my friends on Facebook. Some day I hope to be as good as people seem to THINK I am! I am BLESSED! Welcome to my little corner of the world...Please stop by and visit often!

Saturday, December 13, 2014

On the THIRD DAY of Christmas, Saturday, December 13, 2014



As I said on Day One, Music has always been an important part of my life.  I sang in the Church Choir for YEARS and was in a specially selected singing group in College.  Four-part harmony is my favorite music and if you are lucky to get 8 parts, WELL, CAN it get any better than THAT!!



In the third grade, I was given an AutoHarp.  It was the ONLY gift that I EVER sneaked in to see what it was BEFORE Christmas morning.  It was BIG and in the back of the tree.  I carefully undid the tape and got the wrapping peeled back enough to see ChromaHarp…I had NO EARTHLY idea WHAT it was.  Christmas morning came, and the package was placed in front of me and I started to open it.  ALL the eyes in the room were on me and I felt my heart sinking because HOW was I to show excitement when I didn’t know WHAT I was getting.  Slowly I unwrapped the gift and when I got to the box, Brian, who was two years older than I, yelled…DON’T you LIKE it!  I can still remember, 44 years later, looking up at him with my eyes almost BEGGING for help in KNOWING what I had…BUT I had to go on…I finally got the box opened to see an AutoHarp and THEN I was excited!



A week later, my oldest brother left to go back to UT and he BARELY was ahead of an ice storm.  We lost electricity for a week.  Daddy went and got our elderly friends, Mr. Henry and Miss Bertha (they were probably in their late 70s), to stay with us because we had a fireplace, gas heat and a gas hot plate for cooking. We played games, worked puzzles and played the AutoHarp.

Don't forget to add the RECIPE in your gift!
  
I used the AutoHarp to lead the music at MANY Church Camps, Vacation Bible Schools and other gatherings.  It has, through the years, brought much joy to my life.  It had been dropped and banged and boomed and strings have broken and been replaced and it has a sticking pop sometimes, but it STILL remains within eyesight.  I have fond memories of singing SWEET LITTLE JESUS BOY on the Sunday after Christmas most every year as I watched my friend Joy and Miss Nancy cry (gosh, was I THAT bad…lol).  MUSIC is a GIFT to me.



It became a tradition of having a choir party at the home of our director each year.  They had a wonderful basement where we would gather, play silly games, sometimes sing but ALWAYS share snacks!  No matter WHAT the organization, I BELIEVE that the fellowship is the most important part of belonging.  For the people who think they will be miraculously swept away to Heaven JUST because they sat on a pew most Sundays, I sure hate to tell them that THAT really won’t get them there!  It is the fellowship…it is LIVING what you learn…it is ASKING Jesus into your heart and living by the Golden Rule that will get you there…BUT let me emphasize, it is ASKING JESUS into your heart that is the KEY!  Fellowship is the bonus…getting to know each other and learning to LOVE each other is where the true Joy comes…



I LOVE to make snacks…I could fill the posts with them, but today I will share Apple Dip.  I LOVE the idea of giving the ingredients of an appetizer as a gift, because many of us have people to just drop in, and having ingredients on hand to mix WHEN you want them is AWESOME.  I like to find a small pretty bowl to put it in, too!  Quick and easy~~that’s ME!!  ;)
 
OK...do NOT use glitter with food, but it was ALL I had...ROFL

I hope that you stop to enjoy the MAGIC of the Season…ENJOY IT…You are not one bit busier than anyone else, so quit complaining!  Drink in the FELLOWSHIP and don’t worry about the things that don’t matter and it really is ok if something does not get done…Hey, it will just give your family something to laugh about in the years to COME…Blessings to YOU…~charlotte♥

Apple Dip
1 package of Cream Cheese, softened (put it in the microwave for a few seconds if you need to)
½ package of Toffee Bits (do NOT get the ones with Chocolate…it REALLY is not very good!)
Juice of ½ lemon
Dash of Salt
½ Brown Sugar
Granny Smith Apples, sliced (either put the other half of the lemon on them, or a Clear Soda, or Pineapple Juice to keep the apple slices from turning brown)

Mix the ingredients into the cream cheese until smooth, then add the Toffee Bits…That is IT!


4 comments:

  1. What a wonderful Christmas gift! And i can just picture you trying to plead "help" with your eyes. lol. That is one instrument that i think i would have love to have gotten. I did get a piano one year for birthday & Christmas though from my Grandparents. They were the ones that REALLY wanted me to go into music as a career. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the recipe, Charlotte. It is so wonderful that music was such a large part of your life! I can't imagine how life would be without it. the recipe looks wonderful! I can't wait to try it. Have a wonderful day! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for the recipe Ms Charlotte! I shall try it! I was NEVER musically inclined......though I wish I was! I am in awe of anyone who is or who can sing. My parents put my sister and I in accordian lessons when we were young....but neither my sister or I mastered it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yummm that sounds good.. can just see your face...lol.. see what happens when you are naughty?? xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my little corner of the world. In case you haven't been told, you are loved!~~charlotte♡