About Me

My photo
I LOVE to design and to paint whimsical items that will put a smile on your face. Each day I share my simple life with you as I try to encourage, to inspire and sometimes JUST to make you smile as I recount my life growing up on a dairy farm! I've never had many material items in my life, BUT I have been blessed beyond words with love and encouragement from WONDERFUL Parents who instilled in me WHAT was important. I have had EVERYTHING that I needed and WAY too much of what I wanted. I am slowly learning to be a better person each day through my interactions with my friends on Facebook. Some day I hope to be as good as people seem to THINK I am! I am BLESSED! Welcome to my little corner of the world...Please stop by and visit often!

Sunday, December 28, 2014

Every Sunrise is a Gift from God, Sunday, December 28, 2014






This is ONE of my most favorite sayings.  As someone who has never been a morning person, that doesn’t mean that I don’t KNOW what a gift we are given each and every day…it just TAKES me a while longer to wake up and recognize the blessing!





I BELIEVE that each of us who WANTS to learn to do something, CAN do it, IF we are willing to put in the time to practice.  I’ve been PRACTICING painting for about 30 years now.  A friend posted on my fb wall a picture of a railroad spike that I had painted for her back in 1984!  She pulls it out every Christmas and thinks of me.



Where I went to college, the school was built beside the railroad tracks.  One day a friend and I went walking on the abandoned tracks and found several of the railroad spikes, so I spray painted them black and painted little flowers on them…it was my first attempt at decorative painting and the bug was lit! 


The apartments that I lived in were ON the railroad tracks and Cindy, my friend, lived catty-corned across from us, so it was a FITTING  reminder of the fun times we had at those Hamilton Street apartments!!  There was ALWAYS something going on!  ROFL…I STILL remember sitting on the floor of the apartment by the front door and painting those spikes for several of my friends~~I BET Cindy is the ONLY one who still has one!!



I HOPE to share several ideas for you this year to get your creative juices flowing…not just Painting, but some stitching and cooking, too!



This pattern is shared today to give you an idea of something to paint.  I painted it on an old book.  The rooster is a stencil that Laurie Speltz has on her website..  Stencils are a PERFECT start to painting IF you don’t think you have the skills.  She has a BUNCH of awesome stencils that are reasonably priced, so go to her website and take a look IF you are interested!

right click on your mouse and save image as


I have to admit, I am a HORRIBLE stenciler…I keep buying them and seldom do I use them…I just do so much better free-handing stuff (well, sometimes)…LOL…but I am getting better…Just make sure that you do NOT use much paint and if you will POUNCE your stencil brush and start in the middle, then the paint is less likely to RUN underneath the stencil…



I think this would make an GREAT multi-media piece…Cut the Sun, Rooster and Fence post out of scrapbook paper, use some AWESOME Sprays of different colors for the background or even use a stencil with modeling paste of a bird or stars in the background…SEE…it just gets those creative juices flowing!!  If ever you DO anything with the patterns I share, PLEASE send them to me so I can share them with others…I LOVE how we can all look at the same things and see something different!



If you WANT to be inspired, go visit DecoArt's website
to find MORE inspiration of how to use mixed media.




I wish you a day FILLED with the JOY of knowing that We have been GIVEN a GIFT in being able to awaken to this glorious LIFE…CELEBRATE it!...Blessings to you…~charlotte♥

2 comments:

  1. Good morning to you Charlotte! I LOVE the mornings! It is my quiet time when I plan out my day and catch up with what my 'night owl' friends did throughout the night. I also look at each new day as a new chance to make something wonderful happen. Fresh starts are given to us each new day. What we make of them is completely up to us! Thanks for another inspiring post! :) Sheila

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good morning Charlotte... I like my mornings... started when the kids were little and seemed like the only time I had to myself.. I need time to wake up.. and get motivated...lol.. all of these are great.. I love mixed media... just don't seem to do much of it anymore.. need to get motivated here... can hardly wait to see what you do... xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my little corner of the world. In case you haven't been told, you are loved!~~charlotte♡