About Me

My photo
I LOVE to design and to paint whimsical items that will put a smile on your face. Each day I share my simple life with you as I try to encourage, to inspire and sometimes JUST to make you smile as I recount my life growing up on a dairy farm! I've never had many material items in my life, BUT I have been blessed beyond words with love and encouragement from WONDERFUL Parents who instilled in me WHAT was important. I have had EVERYTHING that I needed and WAY too much of what I wanted. I am slowly learning to be a better person each day through my interactions with my friends on Facebook. Some day I hope to be as good as people seem to THINK I am! I am BLESSED! Welcome to my little corner of the world...Please stop by and visit often!

Friday, February 23, 2018

My Italian Girl

Hey y'all...

I have been a busy girl, so far, this year. I have created 14 new patterns that I will start sharing soon.

I am working on my last immediate project, due this weekend, so while waiting for paint to dry--yes, it is a reality in my little corner of the world--I created this sweet little girl.



I forgot to take pictures of step by step...sorry...

I told you about my friend from Italy, Franca Marzi, sending me her stencil.

I could not wait to use it.

I used all Deco Art products.

I attached the paper with Decoupage.
I added some drips and then used Fluid Acrylics Burnt Umber mixed with Glazing Medium to "stain" the piece and to make it grungy.


I added dictionary pages on the side.
I cut strips into scallops.
I also put a scalloped strip across the top.


I stenciled the design with black.


 Here she is...


I lightly painted around the design with thinned Antique White.


Layers and layers of paint on her face--at one point,  she looked like Groucho Marx! 🤤

Whew, I am glad it is JUST PAINT!


I used my new Stencil Girl stencil to add a few words...

An Americana stencil to add daisies..

A stabilo pencil to add shading...


A stabilo pencil is so much fun. It is activated with water, so if you use it, you have to spray your piece with a fixative! You can get the pencils at Dick Blicks, or probably anywhere that sells art supplies.  The one I have is 8008.

This was fun!

Hey, if you are a painter, go buy my friends pattern. It is her first one. It is a cutie. Show her some LOVE.

I don't do a lot of things right, and I make more mistakes than I should, but I am pretty good at encouraging my friends, so help me encourage her.

Here is the link to go buy her pattern

Thanks for stopping by my little corner of the world!

I wish you friendship...blessings...peace...wonder...
hope.

I am simply blessed
to create~charlotte ♡




2 comments:

  1. Fourteen patterns! Wow! I am in awe of you, Charlotte! This girl is adorable. I love the colors you chose and the technique is really cool. It is always fun to see what you are up to. Have a wonderful and happy weekend. xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. (I forgot to check notifications.) :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my little corner of the world. In case you haven't been told, you are loved!~~charlotte♡