About Me

My photo
I LOVE to design and to paint whimsical items that will put a smile on your face. Each day I share my simple life with you as I try to encourage, to inspire and sometimes JUST to make you smile as I recount my life growing up on a dairy farm! I've never had many material items in my life, BUT I have been blessed beyond words with love and encouragement from WONDERFUL Parents who instilled in me WHAT was important. I have had EVERYTHING that I needed and WAY too much of what I wanted. I am slowly learning to be a better person each day through my interactions with my friends on Facebook. Some day I hope to be as good as people seem to THINK I am! I am BLESSED! Welcome to my little corner of the world...Please stop by and visit often!

Sunday, June 19, 2016

Serendipity Sunday



I didn’t WANT to have a serendipity moment today.




I wanted to get through the day and for the day to just be over.



Too many memories flooding my soul…



Too many emotions seeing all the messages of my friends…



SOMETIMES, I feel too greatly the pain of others…



BUT BOY, God told me in no uncertain terms that I WAS going to have a Serendipity moment and it was HE who was going to make it as plain as could be.


This is Daddy with his first Grandchild~~1990?  My oldest brother got married, he and his wife opened their florist and Kaylen was born~~Daddy said he got 3 new "girls" that week...LOL  He was such a good Poppa!


Daddy was an Almanac farmer, as much as was possible.  He would study that little pamphlet he would pick up at Clinard’s  Drugstore.  He could look at a field of corn and tell you if it was planted on the “dark of the moon”, and so on…




He knew a full moon, because he watched for it.  It seems that no matter WHEN I said, “look at the full moon”, he would reply with, “no, that will be tomorrow”, or “it was yesterday” or whenever, because NEVER did I get it right!!  It became a joke.  Shortly after he died, I was standing at the door of the fellowship hall, holding the door for “trouble”, as my Daddy called her, when she commented, “look at the full moon.”  I burst into laughter as I shared the story, and I was certain that it was not a true full moon…ROFL



Tonight, I needed to run into town to the Post Office and to the grocery to pick up some fresh veggies.  I timed it to get back home before dark, but after the mobs had gone home to watch the basketball final.  It was a nice trip chatting with the friendly cashiers.   We thought it was quite funny that more than half of what I bought was for DA BOY…LOL



As I turned off of the highway, onto the road that turns into our road, I looked at the sky~~STRAIGHT DAB in front of me, a FULL MOON.  It was still daylight.  I laughed as it looked like the man in the moon was singing.  I wished I had my phone to snap a picture, but it was at home.  As I went up the hill by Mr. Howard’s house, the moon disappeared as quickly as I had seen it.  I still wonder if it was, indeed, a full moon~~LOL






God was NOT going to let this day go without me having an unexpected laugh at something that had not crossed my mind.  I found myself laughing as I recalled the many conversations about the moon with my Daddy.


Yes, I stole this from Mitzi...I told her it fit me better!




I am certain there is singing and worship in Heaven, where so many of our loved ones now call HOME.  We miss them so much that our heart breaks and our tears flow, but they want us to be happy!  They want us to join them, at the right moment, but for now, we have work to do on this earth.  We must honor their memories and must share what they have taught us. 



There is a season for EVERYTHING…weeping and wailing may last through the night, but JOY comes in the morning…






Sometimes, even when our hearts are of stone, God sends such a simple thing~~the moon, the stars, lightening bugs, a butterfly or a big bight orange sun~~to remind us to REJOICE!!  Just proof, again, that for those who didn’t have the best earthly Father, WE have the most AWESOME HEAVENLY FATHER who will never ever disappoint us…who wants ONLY the best for us…who wants us to have a future…to prosper…to trust Him…to not fear…to LOVE…



Thank you, Dear God, for giving me my Daddy.  I don’t understand why I got such a good one, while others didn’t.  I rejoice with my blessings and hope that somehow, you will use me to help others…to encourage others…to be a beacon of your love’s light in an often dark world.  Thank you for your watch care over me and my friends.  Keep us mindful of YOU and what matters…Thank you for forgiving me when I fail, but for loving me enough to give me another chance.  I hope I will do the same for others.  Let me reflect the values I was taught by my parents, who learned them from You…In your holy name, through Jesus Christ, Your Son, and my Lord…Amen.




Grab those blessings…they are EVERYWHERE~charlotte♡

1 comment:

Thanks for stopping by my little corner of the world. In case you haven't been told, you are loved!~~charlotte♡