About Me

My photo
I LOVE to design and to paint whimsical items that will put a smile on your face. Each day I share my simple life with you as I try to encourage, to inspire and sometimes JUST to make you smile as I recount my life growing up on a dairy farm! I've never had many material items in my life, BUT I have been blessed beyond words with love and encouragement from WONDERFUL Parents who instilled in me WHAT was important. I have had EVERYTHING that I needed and WAY too much of what I wanted. I am slowly learning to be a better person each day through my interactions with my friends on Facebook. Some day I hope to be as good as people seem to THINK I am! I am BLESSED! Welcome to my little corner of the world...Please stop by and visit often!

Wednesday, April 27, 2016

Whacky Wednesday

This is how Wednesday started at my house. 

Can it get any whackier? 
Silly pup...

On Tuesday,  I have to admit, in the whacky moments,  I had some frusting times that left me crying and missing my Daddy.  As I sat on the lawn mower, with jumper cables attached, I found myself in tears, as I begged God to please, somehow show me what to do.  I was defeated. It was a feeling that I had come to accept far too many times in the last 14 years as I struggled with tasks that were so mundane to Daddy.  Finally, it started. While it was progress,  and I gave thanks to God, after working on this for about 4 hours, I knew that probably, it would mean I must buy a new battery, because it would not hold the charge, which leaves me with more obstacles, but that is just my life, as I have come to accept. I have one more thing to try before I give up.


Lest, I leave you thinking, "poor charlotte", oh, no, let's find the humor in all of this, because another reality I have accepted, is that LAUGHTER is my sanity! One of the last lucid remarks Mother said to me was, "I LOVE to hear you laugh." Sadly, the last months of her life were filled with me crying in hopelessness. I wondered if I would ever laugh again.



My adventure began yesterday with having to cut down those millions...oh, I can hear my "literal mother's" voice ask, "how many?"...ok, thousands...again, "how many"...well, hundreds..."were there really a hundred?"...sigh, no, maybe 10, BUT there were DOZENS of branches on those stupid saplings, and honestly, at what point are they just dumb trees! 


So, I cut the first sappling...the second...third, when all of a sudden, here came the stick man himself to "haul off" the sticks and THUD...onto the ground I went! Holy moly. When da boy works, he works. 

I got those few cut and moved to the side to beging cutting again...whack--stick boy needed THAT STICK, and be dern, if my head was in the way, I would  either move it or get hit..I got hit...

The cutting was enough to get the car moved close, so I gathered da boy in the car, because I would not be driving with him running wild, and oh, what joy to be riding with momma.


Oh, how I need to learn JOY as  Charcoal knows joy! 

Each time, as I went to turn the car on/off to try to get a connection with the jumper cables, Charcoal scampered to crawl in before me--drool dripping off his hassling tongue...how could I stay angry.


Ok, I admit, I wanted to strangle him as he crossed the cable  for fear of him knocking them from the connection.

As the lawn mower started, the conversation from Charcial turned to disdain! He shouted, "For this, I have been helping you! You KNOW how I hate this thing."

Yes, Charcoal, for this...

As I uttered thanks to God for getting me this far, but for a ways to go yet, I was glad that He allowed me to see some good in the four hours of TRYING. Sometimes,  we must find postives in just TRYING. 


Keep praying for me, and let's pray for each other, because this is just how life is. We don't get immunity from things breaking, from bad moments, but what we do get, is an assurance that EVERTHING works out OK, IF you will trust the words of God, that HE WILL provide our every need! Can I get an AMEN! 

Now, here is a WHACKY thought...the next time you get angry with your helper, STOP and think how blessed you are to have him/her, because life is too short and too fleeting to waste on pettiness.  Accept that YOU are not perfect and that same grace given you, must be given to others. GIVE PRAISE for your imperfect helper! 


I'm thankful for Charcoal...he reminded me that all this is just STUFF and JOY is found in the simple things. Just being together is invaluable! 

May you find laughter in those moments of utter despair, because God promised--He PROMISED, you would be OK IF you answer His call to accept Him! 

I pray for you and hope you are finding PEACE and all those blessings around you~~charlotte♡


And I really am fine!♡




6 comments:

  1. Well my mower is a push..but it started right up..mowing along and I hear this funny sound...stuff started flying..seems the belt came off the self propelled gears and the blade ate it! Raggs does not do yard work, but she gardens. We were planting beans,,had the sting on the stakes to keep the rows straight and I see dirt fly...she is digging up the seeds right behind me. I can hardly wait for that maze to come up..LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ugh...I paid about $350 to have the mower tuned last spring...I don't have the money to do that this year...it is one of my great frustrations of summer...I get a newer mower, and still, the exact problems persist, but oh, well... :( gardening will be quite an adventure for you this year...HA HA HA...go get em, raggs! :)

      Delete
  2. Maybe a lesson to be learned here....you CAN do the things that you have problems with, it's all about confidence. God watches, but I believe that He wants us to believe in ourselves too. Don't be angry at the mower - be thankful that He has given you the means and knowledge to own and operate one. Happy Mowing, dear friend. Maybe sing ♫ while you cut. Maybe "Amazing Grace". It's worth a try.

    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Charlotte, first thank you for the giggles, and Give Charcoal a hug also for the giggles, gotta love those labs, such happy happy boys. Second, gotta love the lawn mowers, went to start ours and no power, called the "GUY" and he came out and showed me how to get it to go, but nope, new cellonoid, sharpened blades and checked the oil, said be careful of belt, may need a new one, $$ later, he left and next day went and mowed three rounds and yep you guessed it belt flew off in pieces, so $$$ later we are hopefully ready for summer. So never feel alone, we are with you in spirit, and always ask what would Char say, I know what I want to say, but eh better not.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why didn't he change the belt, then...that is always my question...argh....rofl! ;)

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by my little corner of the world. In case you haven't been told, you are loved!~~charlotte♡