About Me

My photo
I LOVE to design and to paint whimsical items that will put a smile on your face. Each day I share my simple life with you as I try to encourage, to inspire and sometimes JUST to make you smile as I recount my life growing up on a dairy farm! I've never had many material items in my life, BUT I have been blessed beyond words with love and encouragement from WONDERFUL Parents who instilled in me WHAT was important. I have had EVERYTHING that I needed and WAY too much of what I wanted. I am slowly learning to be a better person each day through my interactions with my friends on Facebook. Some day I hope to be as good as people seem to THINK I am! I am BLESSED! Welcome to my little corner of the world...Please stop by and visit often!

Wednesday, April 13, 2016

Today, we shall LAUGH



I am a kidder. 

I kid mercilessly.

Mother always thought she had to add a disclaimer to me~~IF she kids you, then she likes you!





Sadly, my kidding has many times hurt people’s feelings.

This befuddles me, because people SHOULD know me, and ought to know that IF I want to hurt someone, then I can REALLY hurt someone, without the blinking of an eye, but IF someone knows me, they should KNOW that I would NEVER intentionally hurt someone that I loved…heavy sigh…



I have come to realize in my older age, that OFTEN what I say didn’t so much hurt someone, as much as WHEN I said it, because, you see, so many of us are walking around with smiles on our faces, hiding a broken heart, and NOBODY can see that.





I don’t seem to learn, but I am trying…



BUT then, there are those moments WHEN my kidding SHINES!!

I am at my best when I can joke around with someone.

I hate admitting, but if I can’t laugh and joke with someone, I really don’t have a need for them in my life…sad, but it seems to be true…

One of the most memorable stories Mother loved to share was when we attended my cousin’s wedding in Marietta, GA…My cousins had traveled around the world with my Uncle’s military career.  They went to some great places, and met great people….But really, I think Aunt Polly would have been happy WHEREVER she was~~such a contrast to Uncle JP…He was a good guy, but he was a Fletcher~~ROFL…





Daddy and Uncle JP weren’t raised in the same house, even though they had contact.  Those who don’t remember, Daddy’s mother died when he was 22 months old and it was during the depression.  Granddaddy was left with 4 children, four years apart in age, and times were tough.  His sister and her husband asked to adopt Daddy.  He said that NEVER would he allow them to adopt him, because he wanted to make certain that he knew that he was loved and wanted, but he did agree to allow them to raise him.  They were in constant contact.  THIS made Daddy develop that “only child/baby of the family” attitude, while it made Uncle JP the baby of his house…whew…enough said with that statement~~LOL….





WELL, Daddy and Uncle JP got on each other’s nerves, and while they loved each other, this never changed during their lifetime.  Uncle JP would spend their time together trying to get Daddy to go away.  One day, Uncle JP decided that he would take Daddy into the woods and teach him to swing on grapevines, and sneak away while he wasn’t looking…When Uncle JP found the perfect vine, he got on it and swung and WHOOOSH…it broke…Uncle JP fell and broke his arm…Daddy loved telling that story.



It was fun to see them both being so alike~~all 3 brothers were “baby whispers” and could calm a crying baby like none other, yet it was interesting to see how different they were…But I sure did love my Uncles.





Oh, well, back to the original story…(Squirrel)



One of their best friends came to the wedding and we got to spend quite a bit of time getting to love them.  He, like me, was a great kidder, and we had so much fun getting each other with our words, but the best came the day of the wedding as we were cleaning.  I came into the fellowship hall and he told me to come on over and tell him a lie or two.  WITHOUT missing a beat, I said, “You are the GREATEST Man I have ever met.” 



SILENCE as all of a sudden, the room burst into laughter.  HE had met his match, and yes, in just that weekend, I too, learned to love my cousin’s friend…funny how life is like that.



Humor has helped my family to SURVIVE.

Two of Mother’s brothers were some of the funniest people to walk this earth.  Mother said Uncle Jimmy could sell ice to an Eskimo, and she thought my brother, Brian, was so much like him.  Uncle Harold was hilarious.  I have fond memories of gatherings when the sisters would call them both to say HI and they missed him.  As a child, I sat and watched in amazement at all of the laughter and how they couldn’t wait to get their turn on the phone.





Mother’s family endured HELL with her father, and I will share soon about him.  All four brothers were recovering alcoholics.  They were brilliant men, but struggled in the family of 8.  Granny was left alone to raise them, as best she could.  Back then, communities took care of each other, and Mother’s family was embraced with such love.





During the saddest day of my life, God placed HUMOR in my life to allow me to get through Daddy’s funeral~~funny how much noise a little old life saver in a wrapper can make and HOW much one person can SMACK that little piece of candy!  I am amazed at how GOD provides EVERYTHING we need~~even laughter!
I was pulling out some items today to put on etsy to see if they would sell, and I came across something I designed for a lady.  She was looking for something to go on her front door and had described a basket.  The item had to be FLAT, so I made an attempt to create something~~I even went and looked at what she was describing (UGLY) and I called her when I finished.  When she arrived at my shop and we talked, I showed her what I came up with (picture below).  When I handed it to her, she said, “WHAT IS THIS?”  I started laughing and said, “Apparently, it is not what you want!”  I didn’t give up.  I ended up doing my simple angel for her~~4 feet tall, and she was happy…THEN there was the lady who wanted a sitting cow (cows, don’t sit…sigh), BUT after 3 attempts, I had success…





WELL, I have rattled on and on, and still have to tell you the reason for this post.



A friend in England, Gill, had some candy to give away, and she contacted me for the address of those who won (yep, I have lots of addresses for people~~LOL).  I actually did have all the ones she asked to get, and then she asked if I knew of a couple of people who needed a pick-me-up.  I gave her a couple of names and THEN I gave her an address, because, well, it WAS chocolate.  I thought she would know that address…

Look--2 packages...for me???

I went to the Post Office on Saturday night, and I giggled as I pulled the mail out of the box. 

I giggled as I walked to my car.

I giggled as I opened the package.

I giggled as I drove to WalMart.

I giggled as I shopped.

I giggled when I got home.

This one is really mine!

I GIGGLED as I sent the note.


“Gill, I thought you had my new address.
  I would never have given you that address if I thought you didn’t know it was me.”



Gill had my old PO Box in Greenbrier, which, as soon as I remember to leave the keys, will be closed, BUT luckily, they forwarded it to my address in my hometown.  She thought the address was for another friend, and sent it with a cute little note…I am still giggling as I type this.  I was just CERTAIN she wanted me to have 2 packages~~BWAH HA HA….





I have such a mischievous side to me!  BUT the good news, is today the package went in the mail to the person that she THOUGHT she was sending it to!!  I can’t wait for this person to see the story of her little gift!




I have some of the neatest people who have stepped on my heart~~what a BLESSED little girl, I am!





Today, BE SURE to laugh.  Troubles are constantly at our door, but we sure don’t have to let them into our lives.  Thank YOU for being in my life…for laughing at me, I mean, with me!!  I send HAPPY BLESSINGS TO YOU…~charlotte

If you would like to have the "Big Girl Panties" line drawing, simply right click on the picture and save to your computer. IF you would like the pattern with colors and directions, I have it in my etsy shop for $2 as an instant download. Click here to go to my etsy shop.  Of course, I use DecoArt Acrylics to paint my creations!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by my little corner of the world. In case you haven't been told, you are loved!~~charlotte♡