About Me

My photo
I LOVE to design and to paint whimsical items that will put a smile on your face. Each day I share my simple life with you as I try to encourage, to inspire and sometimes JUST to make you smile as I recount my life growing up on a dairy farm! I've never had many material items in my life, BUT I have been blessed beyond words with love and encouragement from WONDERFUL Parents who instilled in me WHAT was important. I have had EVERYTHING that I needed and WAY too much of what I wanted. I am slowly learning to be a better person each day through my interactions with my friends on Facebook. Some day I hope to be as good as people seem to THINK I am! I am BLESSED! Welcome to my little corner of the world...Please stop by and visit often!

Sunday, July 26, 2015

The Pale Blue Dot, Sunday, July 26, 2015

It has been tough to be happy and positive these past few months...My goodness, people are going MAD!!

BUT, I STILL Believe there is FAR MORE GOOD than Bad in this old world.  We just don't hear as much of that and in truth, MOST people don't want to KNOW what good is going on.  They seek out the good, juicy stories.
I'm not one of those people who is constantly looking for signs of the end of the world, BUT IF I WERE, boy howdy, I think it would be easy to see~~floods, drought, tornadoes, earthquakes, murders, orgies...
 Let's face it though, NONE of this is new.  It has been around since the beginning of time.  We just have this little thing called, SOCIAL MEDIA! 
(See me waving at you from my blog???!!!!)
Our lives are bombarded from every corner about every negative thing that happens...sigh 

Tonight, I was watching 60 Minutes as was reminded of a quote, so I thought I would share it.

It puts our PLANET into great perspective.  I think it is beautifully written and thought-provoking.  Man has been trying to DESTROY, in one way or another, since the beginning of time...It is just ANOTHER reminder that we MUST be KIND... 
Don't expect anything in return for your good deeds, because if you do, then you are doing them for the WRONG REASON...YES, it hurts to not be recognized for the GOOD you do, but there again, is recognition the reason you are doing it?  When you share love, mercy, grace, hope, joy...then YOU have no worry...


The world is filled with takers, but again, 
I BELIEVE there are MORE givers...

I just want to thank those who GIVE their lives to making our world better.  Thank YOU for all the kind acts that you do...we MUST PAY IT FORWARD.
 I hope you will enjoy reading this (or re-reading)...
May your heart be filled with blessings...~charlotte

This is a picture of Earth taking from under the rings of Saturn...we are the Pale Blue Dot in the bottom right...

Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there-on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam.



 The Earth is a very small stage in a vast cosmic arena. Think of the endless cruelties visited by the inhabitants of one corner of this pixel on the scarcely distinguishable inhabitants of some other corner, how frequent their misunderstandings, how eager they are to kill one another, how fervent their hatreds. Think of the rivers of blood spilled by all those generals and emperors so that, in glory and triumph, they could become the momentary masters of a fraction of a dot.



Our posturings, our imagined self-importance, the delusion that we have some privileged position in the Universe, are challenged by this point of pale light. Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves.



The Earth is the only world known so far to harbor life. There is nowhere else, at least in the near future, to which our species could migrate. Visit, yes. Settle, not yet. Like it or not, for the moment the Earth is where we make our stand.



It has been said that astronomy is a humbling and character-building experience. There is perhaps no better demonstration of the folly of human conceits than this distant image of our tiny world. To me, it underscores our responsibility to deal more kindly with one another, and to preserve and cherish the pale blue dot, the only home we've ever known.”

― Carl Sagan, Pale Blue Dot: A Vision of the Human Future in Space

2 comments:

  1. Again, my friend, VERY well said!
    <><

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good morning, my friend. Thanks for putting things in perspective. I often wonder if it is getting worse in the world, or does it just appear worse because we hear about more of it through social media. You are right though in that there are more good people than bad. We just have to remember that and seek them out, as they don't grab the headlines as often.

    Take care and thank you for your positive message. It is always good to read what is on your mind! Love ya!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my little corner of the world. In case you haven't been told, you are loved!~~charlotte♡