About Me

My photo
I LOVE to design and to paint whimsical items that will put a smile on your face. Each day I share my simple life with you as I try to encourage, to inspire and sometimes JUST to make you smile as I recount my life growing up on a dairy farm! I've never had many material items in my life, BUT I have been blessed beyond words with love and encouragement from WONDERFUL Parents who instilled in me WHAT was important. I have had EVERYTHING that I needed and WAY too much of what I wanted. I am slowly learning to be a better person each day through my interactions with my friends on Facebook. Some day I hope to be as good as people seem to THINK I am! I am BLESSED! Welcome to my little corner of the world...Please stop by and visit often!

Monday, March 30, 2015

My HOPPY FRIEND, Monday, March 30, 2015

 I went to the Post Office the other day and picked up a VERY heavy box.  I could NOT imagine what was in it, but I couldn't wait to get out my scissors and open it!


 I was BLOWN away!  It was the awesome bunny noodle board that I had watched my friend, Lynn from Painting Thyme Needfuls, painting over the past few days.  My package was PACKED full of goodies from the Cape.

She put a candle, dog treats for Charcoal, candy, Chocolate, and patterns that she had designed!  I could NOT wait to get them cut out and painted.

First, I had to find the perfect place to put the treasure.  I chose to place it on the washstand that is a family antique.  My Mother refinished it YEARS ago, when THAT was the thing~~NOW you are NOT supposed to touch antiques.  

On this washstand are some china pieces that belonged to My Aunt Jenny.  She PROBABLY bought them with stamps or got them from the bank of maybe even from Oatmeal...we are not sure, but they are beautiful and remind me of her.

There is also a Chinese Rice Bowl that has a butterfly, a symbol that was so important to Mother, that was given to her by her dear friend, VV, when VV was cleaning her Mother's home after her death.  It was VERY special to mother.

The Rose bowl is another antique given to Mother by a friend.

The moustache cup was a funny story that Mother would tell with a twinkle in her eye.  When a friend, Mrs. Johnson, who was the first woman judge in Robertson County, was having to sell her home to move to a smaller place, she asked Mother if there was anything in her house that Mother wanted to buy BEFORE the auction...We went over and Mother bought a HUGE mirror and a loveseat.  While there, Mrs. Johnson asked Mother if she would be willing to buy the cup at the auction since it had belonged to her Daddy and she wanted it to go to someone special.  Mother agreed...she took it home for $25, which was a HUGE amount for Mother to spend on something so unnecessary back in the 60s...

It was only fitting that I should place this NEW treasure on this wash stand because NOW I have another special story to share...Thank you Lynn!!

I gathered my supplies to start this project.

I stained some tags to hang on the bunny...
I used coffee, vanilla and cinnamon...

I painted the bunny with RUSTIC Chalky Finish paint.  I sanded it offer after I had a good coverage.  I then put wax on the piece.  When that dried, I put Golden Brown Creme Wax on to make the exposed wood darker...I WISH I had the darker wax, but this turned out just fine...it gave another texture to the piece...

I am SO BLESSED to be able to cut my own wood...NORMALLY, I would NOT have cut this with the knot, but since I knew it would have a bow and I was going to make it look prim, it was ok THIS time...I DID put sealer over the knot...

I sanded the piece really well before I painted it...EVEN if I am going to PRIM something, I STILL want the foundation to be the best it can be!

I put 3 coats of paint on the from so the coverage would be good...I KNOW, some think that is silly since it was going to be sanded, but I just stick to the theory of a good foundation makes a better product!  That is my story and I am sticking to it!

I added a burlap bow, rusty wire, rusty bells and a tag...
I LOVE this pattern!!!


You may order the pattern as an

This gift has meant the world to me...it is just an example of how special a serendipitous moment can be!

Miss Lynn, YOU ARE SomeBUNNY VERY SPECIAL...

A Friend LOVES at ALL time...Proverb 17:17 NIV

PLEASE PAY IT FORWARD every chance you get...Blessings to YOU...~charlotte

3 comments:

  1. Oh Miss Charlotte, you are so blessed to have such a bee-u-tee-ful friend. I bet Charcoal was excited when he saw his prezzie.

    Your bunny looks so lovely, just like you.

    Heaps of Hugs
    Prudence

    ReplyDelete
  2. Charlotte I'm so happy you liked your SpRiNg thyme goodies. It truly put a smile on my face painting that piece for you and packing that box. I don't think you know how much of an inspiration you are for so many. You are so giving, thoughtful and loving. I for one willl never forget the kindness that you have shown me in my thyme of need. Mr. Bobtail came out fabulous.....the chalky paints are perfect for him! ( whish they were around when I originally wrote the pattern! ) Happy Easter my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute..You did a fab job on the bunny... what a beautiful gift.. to know that you are so loved!!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my little corner of the world. In case you haven't been told, you are loved!~~charlotte♡