About Me

My photo
I LOVE to design and to paint whimsical items that will put a smile on your face. Each day I share my simple life with you as I try to encourage, to inspire and sometimes JUST to make you smile as I recount my life growing up on a dairy farm! I've never had many material items in my life, BUT I have been blessed beyond words with love and encouragement from WONDERFUL Parents who instilled in me WHAT was important. I have had EVERYTHING that I needed and WAY too much of what I wanted. I am slowly learning to be a better person each day through my interactions with my friends on Facebook. Some day I hope to be as good as people seem to THINK I am! I am BLESSED! Welcome to my little corner of the world...Please stop by and visit often!

Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Be the BEST YOU, Wednesday, March 19, 2014

I was checking my etsy page yesterday and I stopped cold when I saw that someone had sent a review...I couldn't move because of the FEAR of what they might say...I thought of EVERY single negative thought that they might share and how my review rating MIGHT go down...I didn't want to go read them...


BUT once again, MY fears did NOT play out...the reviews were fine...WHEW...


HOW in the world can I be a SOMEWHAT sane person and fear a REVIEW at THIS AGE?!  There is NOT one single thing that I can control about anyone else, so WHAT IS MY PROBLEM?



I THINK I have read too many horror stories from my fellow teammates...

I've come to accept that we ALL have different Standards and Expectations...

I've always expected more from friends and customers than is probably fair, BUT I also do my best to meet MY high expectations...



Last night I was cutting out some wooden pieces for a friend who placed an order...I was doing my BEST to make sure I followed the lines EXACTLY and that there were no VOIDS in the wood and that I was doing a good job of sanding...I was taking FAR more time with them than I would have taken on something I would cut for myself...I wanted to PRESENT the BEST product that I could...



I recently ordered a product from a business and I would have been HORRIFIED to have sent THAT to a stranger...TO ME, the PRODUCT was a reflection of THEM and how they conducted business...IF they were OK with representing THEMSELVES that way, then it should NOT matter to me...I just don't have to order from them again...



I also ordered from another place and was overcharged shipping by $5...AND no refund was offered...hmmmm...In MY CIRCLE of friends, this would have been refunded...



I have had UNHAPPY customers, and sometimes there is NOTHING that can be done to make them happy...I accept that because I have worked retail for MANY years.  

I try to be FAIR...I get THAT quality from my Mother...she was TOO FAIR...



Today I saw a post from someone that said it Just does NOT pay to be nice...WRONG!!  It ALWAYS pays to be NICE...



In this life, sometimes our HONOR is the only thing we are left with...IF we treat people fairly and honestly, then I BELIEVE that in the end, WE will be the victors...



We have NO control over anyone else...it is NOT our responsibility to decide for OTHERS...ALL we can do is be a REFLECTION of God's Love to ALL people that we meet...WE will one day have to answer for WHAT WE DO and WHAT we SAY...BUT I also think that we answer WHILE we are here on EARTH...so TODAY, I'm trying to SPRING CLEAN my heart...



BE the BEST YOU that you can be...Don't be a person that people DREAD to see when your name or face appears...Blessings to YOU...~charlotte♥


5 comments:

  1. It amazes me how customer service has diminished so. That's really sad to me. Your work is wonderful & i see so much of YOU in each & every piece. Keep it up. We just may bring customer service & fairness back to where it should be.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I TRY so hard to BE what I PRESENT myself to be...WHILE I have the NAUGHTY side of me, I do my best to be GOOD...HONEST...FAIR...It is SO SIMPLE...WHY NOT go ONE STEP FURTHER...TO ME, if taking 5 minutes on a product to SAND it, WHY NOT do that? SENDING HUGS for the rest of the week...=)

      Delete
  2. Good business practices are important for sure Charlotte! If my NAME is going to be on something it is a reflection of ME and my work! If people are happy with that they purchase from me hopefully they will become a repeat customer! I not only base MY business principles on how my customers receive product FROM me but also what I EXPECT from business's in RETURN! Hugs,
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  3. wonderful post Charlotte, many people are not nice, but when you walk through life with your head held high and have faith and find beauty on every path you are taken on, then you are blessed.
    you have to have pride to show a good reflection in your work as well as your life

    Hugs
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my little corner of the world. In case you haven't been told, you are loved!~~charlotte♡