About Me

My photo
I LOVE to design and to paint whimsical items that will put a smile on your face. Each day I share my simple life with you as I try to encourage, to inspire and sometimes JUST to make you smile as I recount my life growing up on a dairy farm! I've never had many material items in my life, BUT I have been blessed beyond words with love and encouragement from WONDERFUL Parents who instilled in me WHAT was important. I have had EVERYTHING that I needed and WAY too much of what I wanted. I am slowly learning to be a better person each day through my interactions with my friends on Facebook. Some day I hope to be as good as people seem to THINK I am! I am BLESSED! Welcome to my little corner of the world...Please stop by and visit often!

Thursday, June 8, 2017

A Day in my life

Today has been a comedy of errors...

To be honest, most of my days are, or so it seems.

I do have a gift for laughing at myself, so I never want for a giggle. 




I have been working on 5 special orders, and I am thankful--a turtle, a dragon (well, it is a challenge, not an order), a rooster, a gingerbreadman/cupcakes and a kittie. I have a order to pack and ship, too. A nice variety, huh?

It has been a good etsy week! 




3 of the orders meant I had to cut out 3 surfaces--no problem.




I drew off the one surface, and took the pattern for the other one to be sure that I grabbed the right template for the correct heart (I have about 5 that work for most of the things I paint on hearts). 




I got 2 of each cut with no obstacles--cool beans.

I came back in this room to gather my paints and try to figure out what colors to use--great--I left the pattern by the saw. I will go get it.

Oh, wait, my phone is blinking, so I check fb.




30 minutes later, oh, yeah, the pattern.

While I am by the saw, I think I will cut off the piece of pine board for another of the orders, since I finally remembered to see the size. No need to sand since it will be distressed.




I proudly bring my piece of wood to the table, only to realize, AGAIN, that I still left the pattern.

On my way to get it, I see that new toilet seat that has been needing replacing, so, ok, let's do that. 

Check...done...screwdrivers and wrench put back.




Ooooops...didn't get the pattern either! 

Well, now, 2 hours (?) Later, I have the pattern, have found the original painted piece to try to figure out WHAT colors I used for the background--that should be interesting...heavy sigh




BUT now, the puck is ready to drop for game 5 of the Preds quest for the Stanley Cup...what to do...

Whew...that hockey game stinks!

I have now base coated 2 orders, and sent messages for approval, printed lettering/rooster for another order, and now, sitting chilaxing with my pup...life is good.




I think I shall have ice cream.

I hope your week has been good and that your weekend will include at least one fun adventure.

Time is marching on, and soon another month will tick away...don't let it pass without doing a random act of kindess, a treat for youself, something that makes you giggle and something that stirs your heart--balance, my friends!



Have the most blessed of days.

I am simply blessed to create~charlotte♡

Be sure to wash your feet before you go to bed!



2 comments:

  1. Good morning, my friend! I am so, so familiar with your story. I have similar chapters myself. It is so easy to get distracted when you are spinning several plates. :) But . . . I do love the one saying especially - the one about being so busy you don't have time for worry, etc. It is something that I try to do every day, and I am blessed that I keep busy enough to remain focused in positive directions. Creating does that for us, right? Thanks for sharing your busy day with us. I am so pleased that you are busy! (But not surprised! :) ) Have a wonderful and creative weekend. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw so cute
    Love your post
    Sending you big hugs x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my little corner of the world. In case you haven't been told, you are loved!~~charlotte♡